[Users] Clawing Gmail

Rodrigo Fresneda fresneda at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 04:31:52 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have recently made the move to Claws after Evolution got so
terribly unstable with the new gnome releases, and so far I
am very impressed.
However, there is one thing bothering me, and it is perhaps
related to some config setting I am not yet aware of:

I have Gmail Imap set up according mostly to the instructions on
http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php?title=Using_Claws_with_Gmail
but my setup chokes whenever Claws fetches a large message (messages
with attachments larger than, say, 2MB). It just fetches forever, as
compared to the time Evolution is able to download the message.

What am I doing wrong?

Note: this is with Claws 3.8.0 from Debian sid.