[Users] Problem with compose headers

Dan Arico dan_arico at aricosystems.com
Fri Apr 13 19:45:35 CEST 2012

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:31:40 -0600
Dan Urist <durist at ucar.edu> wrote:

> I'm running Linux Mint Debian Edition (packages from debian testing),
> and recently upgraded claws-mail to 3.8.0-1.
>
> When I attempt to compose an email with more than one header (e.g. To:
> and Cc:), as soon as I start typing in the second header field, my
> first header field is deleted and two of the second header fields
> appear, with the focus on the top one.
>
> So, for example, if I enter an address in the To: field, then add a
> Cc: field and start typing in that, my To: field is replaced by a Cc:
> field, so I now I have two Cc: fields. If I try and enter something in
> the second field, the first field is cleared and focus is on the first
> field-- it looks like any second field gets bumped to the top and then
> there are two of those fields.
>
> Has anyone else seen this behavior or know of a workaround?

Are you trying to go to the second field by hitting a return? There's a
control at the end of the line that clears the field when you hit it.
That's what is causing the problem. Use the down arrow followed by the
left arrow or just keep hitting tab until you're in the right field.

This brings up something I've been wondering about. Why is that line
clearing control there?

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.