[Users] Bringing up a message display issue

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 19:48:23 CEST 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 13:40:31 -0400
Karen and Jim <sindbergj at att.net> wrote:

> Correct, the focus is on the message list.
>
> Layout is "Standard".  What "Standard" means?
> I don't know.  Do you?

Sure, it's not one of the others! :)
Basically many email apps (for years) have had a 'standard' layout of
folder list spanning the left-hand side, message list on the
top-right, msg view on the bottom-right. It's the original Claws
layout before other layouts were introduced. But your question was
rhetorical, I suppose.

> The issues:
> !. The irregular action required to open a message.
> 2. The message may appear in a pane/column
> or separate window?  I want it in a separate window.
> I get lucky most of the time, but everytime.
>
> Still getting unusual tapping and keying responses.
> Sometimes the message appears immediately, most times
> not.  Maybe it will be in a separate window, maybe
> not.

To open a message in a separate window is a double-click.... always!

> I think this is going to be a love/hate
> relationship with Claws Mail.  It is like
> a lean teenager, fast, immature, and difficult
> to work with at times.

That's quite slanderous (or misjudged). You base this on your usage
of the touchpad or what???

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune