[Users] new address book available

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sun Apr 8 02:54:12 CEST 2012

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 17:38:17 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 13:46:06 +0200
> Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
> > > On the Fedora15 machine, I could only find dbus, dbus-glib and the
> > > devel files. So I don't know if that is a real difference, or
> > > just a naming difference.
> > >
> > I will try building on F15 later today. I will report back here with
> > the solution.
> >
> You need the following:
> sudo yum install dbus-glib-devel byacc
>
> I also discovered a bug which is committed. Therefore you should fetch
> this instead:
> ftp://ftp.datanom.net/pub/claws-mail/claws-contacts-0.6.0cvs84.tar.bz2

1.
On the F15 machine

Thank you. I installed byacc and removed all traces of claws-*
in /usr/local

Built claws-contacts from cvs84 as above

Ran claws-mail, it didn't want to read the .claws-mail/address books so
I copied the .contact over from my suse machine and claws-contact fired
up nicely

Rebuilt claws-mail, but again, it didn't pickup the new contact list

As my F15 machine is bit of mess, I think I should not concern you with
my F15 failures.

2.
On the suse machine, my first comment is that it would be nice to drag
and drop an entry from one address book to another as in the current
address book scheme.

When I start from the command line, it gives a warning;
     WARNING: no socket to connect to

The search work fine, though searching the whole address book would be
nice.

Thank you for your efforts.

3.
I have a few other machines, a mint-12.1 one based on Ubuntu and clean,
so will see how I go on that.

 --
Owen