[Users] new address book available

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 7 13:36:18 CEST 2012

On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:14:13 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 16:26:43 +1000
> Owen <rcook at pcug.org.au> wrote:
>
> > So that first line "Using Address Book : Old stable interface"
> > suggested something was amiss
> >
> > And when started, going to Tool->Address Book, (or from the compose
> > window) I am presented with the "old" interface.
> >
> > Nothing of interest starting from the command line.
> > [owen at localhost claws-mail-3.8.0cvs39]$ /usr/local/bin/claws-mail &
> > [1] 14894
> > (claws-mail:14893): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> > module_path: "oxygen-gtk", easyaessraandthgs
> >
> > (Not sure where that string "easyaessraandthgs' comes from)
> >
> > This is part of the configure output, wonder what CONTACTS is;
> >
> > checking whether DBUS support for new address book is present... yes
> > checking whether to enable new address book... yes
> > checking for CONTACTS... no
> > checking whether to use LDAP... yes
> >

> > FWIW.  I am not sure where to look now
> >

> I have just tried in a clean Debian unstable and was not able to
> replicate.
>
> You have installed claws-contacts prior to running autogen.sh in
> claws-mail?
> Can you start claws-contacts from the command line, Simple enter
> claws-contacts in a console?

Hi,

I just did a build on a suse machine. This time I ran claws-contacts
before building claws-mail and all is ok.

On the suse machine I installed dbus-1,dbus-1-glib + their development
files.

On the Fedora15 machine, I could only find dbus, dbus-glib and the
devel files. So I don't know if that is a real difference, or just a
naming difference.

My apologies for the noise.

 --
Owen