[Users] new address book available

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Apr 7 08:26:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:33:29 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The time has come to announce the release of the new address book for
> claws-mail. Since cvs39 the new address book has been merged with the
> official claws-mail and is available for testing.
>
> To activate the new address book you must compile the cvs39 version
> with this option: --enable-new-addrbook.
>
> Screen shots are available here:
> https://bugs.datanom.net/claws-contacts/screenshots
>
> Prior to compiling claws-mail the new address book, claws-contacts,
> must be compiled and installed. When running the new address book for
> the first time the old contacts from the old native address book in
> claws-mail will be automatically imported into the new address book.
>
> To make it easy for you I have made to tarballs available for
> download. Grab them here:
>
> claws-mail:
> ftp://ftp.datanom.net/pub/claws-mail/claws-mail-3.8.0cvs39.tar.bz2
> claws-contacts:
> ftp://ftp.datanom.net/pub/claws-mail/claws-contacts-0.6.0cvs83.tar.bz2
>
> Please test and report back either on this list or preferably
> https://bugs.datanom.net/claws-contacts/ (requires and openID to
> create tickets) with your opinions and in case of bugs.

Hi,

Well I built claws-contacts into /usr/local and my PATH reads

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:....etc

Then ran;

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local --enable-new-addrbook

claws-mail 3.8.0cvs39

Using Address Book : Old stable interface
JPilot             : yes
LDAP               : yes
gnuTLS             : yes
iconv              : yes
compface           : no
IPv6               : yes
enchant            : no
IMAP4              : yes
NNTP               : yes
Crash dialog       : no
LibSM              : yes
DBUS               : yes
NetworkManager     : no
Manual             : yes
Plugins            : dillo-viewer bogofilter spamassassin trayicon
Generic UMPC code  : no
Maemo  build       : no
Config dir         : .claws-mail

The binary will be installed in /usr/local/bin

So that first line "Using Address Book : Old stable interface"
suggested something was amiss

And when started, going to Tool->Address Book, (or from the compose
window) I am presented with the "old" interface.

Nothing of interest starting from the command line.
[owen at localhost claws-mail-3.8.0cvs39]$ /usr/local/bin/claws-mail &
[1] 14894
(claws-mail:14893): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "oxygen-gtk", easyaessraandthgs

(Not sure where that string "easyaessraandthgs' comes from)

This is part of the configure output, wonder what CONTACTS is;

checking whether DBUS support for new address book is present... yes
checking whether to enable new address book... yes
checking for CONTACTS... no
checking whether to use LDAP... yes

FWIW.  I am not sure where to look now

--