[Users] opening a folder takes 5 min !!!

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Oct 13 08:29:41 CEST 2011

Hello J.,

On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:51:04 +0530 "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 08:11:08 +0200
> Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:36:43 +0530
> > "J. Bakshi" <joydeep at infoservices.in> wrote:
> >

> > > How can I decrease this "opening time" ?
> > >
> > I would suggest you to do a review of your filter rule-sets.
> >

> Well, I have almost 40 filter rules, mainly for different mailing list,
> including claws itself. The incoming mails sent to the proper folders.
> Also have some rules based on some recipient address.
>
> Should I un-checked  "run processing rule when startup" in folder properties ?
> Can it help ?

How many emails are in that folder?

24K messages may start being a big folder, it depends on your system
and if all the processing rules all matching all emails (which is, say,
not optimal at all).

Commonly in folders processing rules, the 1st condition here is
"unread" (or "new") so that an email is processed once or at least the
2nd condition makes it (I often color emails so my filters are: if
unread and color 0 and <the interesting matching condition> then color
non-0). The principle is the same for other actions but coloring.

Regards,

--
wwp