[Users] vcalendar features for sharing

Hendrik Jaeger claws at henk.geekmail.org
Tue Oct 11 14:24:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I’m looking for a way to share a calendar with other persons and/or to
sync calendars with other applications/devices.
I was unable to find thorough documentation for the plugin, so I hope
someone can shed some light on how it works and what it supports.
My specific questions for now are:

0. Which protocols are supported for import/export? The tooltip only
says “URL/file” which is rather unspecific. Are caldav or other
protocols specialized on calendars supported?

1. Does exporting the calendar/free-busy-info overwrite the previous
file or does it merge the info?

2. Can anyone recommend a good setup for sharing and/or syncing
calendars between two or more persons? I do have a server on the
internet and local servers at home where I could setup something like
caldav, if that helps.

Thank you very much and best regards

henk