[Users] Some questions from a possible new user

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Dec 16 17:58:18 CET 2011

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 02:32:43PM +0000, Paul wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:54:13 +0000
> Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:39:33PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> > >
> > >     I have loaded the mailmbox folder plugin, can I keep all my
> > > mail in mbox format having done this or does it just allow me to
> > > import and export mbox?  What I *really* want to be able to do is
> > > to use either mutt or claws on the same hierarchy of mbox files,
> > > I can then use claws on my desktop and mutt when I log in
> > > remotely using ssh.
> > No answers to this part of my questions yet?  Is there any
> > documentation or description of the mailmbox folder plugin anywhere
> > - I'm quite happy to use it if there is.
>
> Claws has the ability to import/export mbox built in. With the
> plugin you can use an MBOX mailbox directly.

Hmm, but how exactly?  I.e.  I have installed/loaded the plugin and I
have pointed claws at a directory hierarchy full of mbox mailboxes - and
nothing useful happens.

What's not clear (to me anyway) is, when the mailmbox plugin is loaded,
whether claws will *only* work with mbox files or what.  Also, can it
cope with a directory hierarchy full of mbox files, will it 'see' them
all without me having to do any more?  If I have to tell it about each
mbox individually it's going to be a bit laborious, a quick count using
wc suggests there's something like 1000 of them.

--
Chris Green