[Users] Message scoring

Kevin Nathan knathan at project54.com
Tue Dec 13 19:55:54 CET 2011

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 23:58:22 +0100
florian d <fardizzle at gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Recently i had to subscribe multiple mailing lists.
>Thus i'm looking for options to deal with trolls.
>I found the message scoring system in Claws Mail,
>but I'm still not sure how to use it properly.

Here are some processing rules from one of my USENET newsgroups:

newsgroups regexpcase "(advocacy)|(microsoft)" color 3
header "Organization" matchcase "google" change_score -20
headers_part matchcase ".hispeed.ch" delete
headers_part matchcase "hull lug" color 4
header "Message-ID" matchcase "@4ax.com" change_score -20
age_greater 10 change_score -15
enabled rulename "" score_lower -5 mark_as_read
enabled rulename "" ignore_thread mark_as_read
enabled rulename "" ignore_thread color 8
enabled rulename "" marked color 2
enabled rulename "" newsgroups matchcase "," color 15
enabled rulename "" age_greater 49 change_score -20
enabled rulename "" score_lower -27 & ~marked delete

You just decide what you want to happen at various score levels and
then setup your rules accordingly.

--
Kevin Nathan (Arizona, USA)
http://www.project54.com

Open standards. Open source. Open minds.
The command line is the front line.
Linux 2.6.37.6-0.9-desktop
 11:28am  up 2 days 22:38,  13 users,  load average: 0.14, 0.12, 0.20