[Users] Deleted messages when switching folders / no old messages from imap server

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Tue Dec 13 12:17:42 CET 2011

On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 10:37:23 +0000, Cliff wrote:

> > 2) I change folders, from the inbox to a child folder, then, when
> > I return to the inbox, the newest message in the inbox is deleted
> > permanently, bypassing the trash.  I wonder if anyone's got any
> > ideas about how to stop this behaviour.

Check folder processing rules (right-click on folder -> Processing...)
to see if you somehow added a rule that deletes the selected message
or moves it to some folder.

Better still, check matcherrc in .claws-mail/ in a text editor -- I'm
not sure if filters also run on folder changes in IMAP.

And upgrade to 3.7.10 (the latest)...