[Users] Firefox 8.0

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Dec 7 05:26:13 CET 2011

On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 01:00:47 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> dijo:

>I'm using iceweasel 8 (which basically should be the same as ff8) and
>i can change the mailto handler in the GUI application manager to
>anything else. It's a NextStep-Clone DE (as far from XFCE or Gnome as
>another solar system.)
>
>Try this:
>
>(1) cd into your firefrox home folder under ~/.mozilla (it's not the
>'default' one) /(2) grep Evolution *

I have only one ~/.mozilla folder. What did you mean by "it's not the
default"?

>For me it is
>
>mimeTypes.rdf:                   NC:prettyName="claws-mail"
>mimeTypes.rdf:                   NC:path="/usr/bin/claws-mail" />
>mimeTypes.rdf:  <RDF:Description
>RDF:about="urn:handler:local:/usr/bin/claws-mail"
>mimeTypes.rdf:                   NC:prettyName="claws-mail"
>mimeTypes.rdf:                   NC:path="/usr/bin/claws-mail" />
>mimeTypes.rdf:    <NC:possibleApplication
>RDF:resource="urn:handler:local:/usr/bin/claws

I must be doing something wrong. Perhaps I misunderstood your
instructions:

[jjj at Devil8 .mozilla]$ grep Evolution*
^Z
[5]+  Stopped                 grep --color=auto Evolution*

I killed it after 20 minutes. The hard disk light never came on and my
CPU monitors didn't budge, so I assumed it was stuck and doing nothing.

>If the GUI manager does not work try hacking the file.

Was I supposed to be using a GUI manager? Which one? I was using a
terminal.

I don't understand the specific meaning of "hacking."

I think my brain failed to grep a basic instruction at the beginning of
what you said.