[Translators] Support for msgctxt

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Thu Nov 15 20:05:07 CET 2012

2012-11-15, Ricardo Mones sanoi:

>   Well, wasn't my intention to make you feel "brutally smacked down",
>   apologies for that. I don't think my words were so emotionally
> charged, but YMMV, of course.

I'm not emotionally attached, just wordy, no worries.

>   Anyway, it may not have looked like a question, but it was :) and
>   you left it unanswered. Andrej has explained why it's better, and,
>   while I still think it's not an awesoming advantage which is going
>   to make translators' life a breeze, he simply wants to do it.

Ok, thanks for taking for taking time to explain. I am not a social
person and it is a common experience for me to pitch for ideas that get
accepted as soon as someone else does, so I'm always interested. You
were right, my one-track mind would read:

>> why do we not foo?
> because foo is useless?

as an question-answer pair; the question mark looks more like a sarcasm
indicator in my language use than a sincere question.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>