[Translators] Plugins string translated in the plugin, and not in Claws

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Mon Jan 2 19:19:26 CET 2012

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 13:18:00 +0100
Andreas Rönnquist <mailinglists at gusnan.se> wrote:

> I have noted that in the Configuration->Preferences dialog, the Plugins
> string is translated in the actual plugins, once for each plugin, which
> means that if a user has both plugins that are translated, and plugins
> that are not, the user will have two different index items - a Swedish
> example:
>
> Plugins
>   GPG
>   Bsfilter
> Insticksmoduler
>   Fancy
>   RSSyl
>
> Why isn't the "Plugins" translatable string located in the Claws
> package, which would mean that there would be only one group for
> plugins, independent of translation status.
>
> Should I file this as a bug on the bug-tracker?

Hello Andreas,

you are of course right, it is an obvious solution. I vaguely remember
noticing and wanting to fix this few months ago, but then I forgot or got
distracted. :) Thanks for bringing it up.

No need to file a bugreport, I am going over all the external plugins right
now, fixing them one by one.

Kind regards,
--
Andrej Kacian