[Users] claws-mail with OAuth2 IMAP O365

David Fletcher David at megapico.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 17:48:06 UTC 2024

> I think it would be morally wrong for the CM team to 'build in' the
> Tbird ID string for Oauth use.  Further, the pessimist in me feels that,
> in some jurisdictions, it might even be illegal.
>
> Of course, there's little anyone can do if _users_ add in the relevant
> ID string header.

I agree with this - I don't think it would be right to use the
Thunderbird ID as some type of default. That's why I did not quote it
directly in my earlier email. But for any open source software it's
trivial to find the ID, harder for closed source.

> cd9fedda-cb3b-4c55-add1-8d13d843f194

I don't know where this ID quoted in a previous post came from - it's
different to the one in the Thunderbird blog post I linked to. They were
saying there that they had migrated to a new ID, maybe this is their old
one? In which case it might not work any more.

Best regards, David.