[Users] compose message - double hight To/Cc/Bcc

Dustin Miller dustbiz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 01:29:48 UTC 2024

On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:16:49 -0000
Paul <paul at claws-mail.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 21:09:03 +0200
> Frank Dietrich <bits_n_bytes at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > in the compose message window the rows for the To/Cc/Bcc addresses
> > are double as high than the From row.
> >
> > How can I figure out what could be the reason for it?
> >
> > used software
> >     Claws Mail 4.1.1
> >     Claws Mail theme Coons-Blue 0.3
> >     Gnome 43.9 X11
>
> What you haven't mentioned is what GTK 3 theme you are using, and it
> is the GTK 3 theme which is causing the problem.

DM: Frank, I can confirm what Paul is saying here, as I have
experienced the same (or similar) issue when changing GTK3 themes to
'fix' a different theme-related issue.

> The rows are too tall because the clear button icon is too big, and
> this icon is provided by your GTK 3 theme.

DM: Thanks for this additional color, Paul; it's helpful to know what
the cause of this is. Once I decide to give time to it, I'll have to
decide whether I want to try to tweak this part of the theme I'm using
or whether I want to see if I can find a way to get a 'stand-alone
package' of a Linux Mint theme that worked for me, and use it on a
different distro. Cheers, ---Dustin