[Users] How do I use Claws-mail for downloading RSS feed?

Jigme Datse jigme.datse at datsemultimedia.com
Sun May 14 00:46:59 UTC 2023

On Sun, 14 May 2023 05:40:20 +0530
"Susmita/Rajib" <bkpsusmitaa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you once again, Ms. Viatrix, for replying to support me. I am
> really sorry that inadvertently my earlier email was sent directly to
> you and not to the mailing list, as I used the Reply option in gmail.
> You may please delete it.
>
> [ ... ]
> > doing "user-agent sniffing"; sending a different result [ ... ]
>
> Is this practice unethical in any way?

It's a "bad practice".  Depending on *why* it could be unethical, but
as an example of why it's a bad practice, when Firefox went to Firefox
100 (I think), many of these *insisted* "your browser is out of date",
when you were quite literally using the latest browser, it's just it
failed to parse it successfully.

It *could* be used in more clearly unethical ways, like "don't let user
agents that report that they are on Linux."  But mostly it's being done
for the purpose of "reporting" to the user that the "website is
unsupported".  Back in the early 1990s it was a terrible practice.
It's *never* actually been a *good* practice, it just started as a
"misguided practice" and mostly that's why it still lingers.  But...
It almost always results in people not being able to access websites
that *should* work.