[Users] how to not automatically fill from field after clicking compose?

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sun May 7 11:06:13 UTC 2023

On Sun, 7 May 2023 09:31:57 +0100
"Pierre A." <pa.news at free.fr> wrote:

Hello Pierre,

>I need the from field to be empty by default, how to achieve this?

I don't think it's possible.  AIUI, in the absence of other rules, the
email address of the 'current account' will be used to fill out the
'From' header field.  In fact, I would suggest that attempting to leave
the 'From' field blank at compose time is completely the wrong thing to
do.

A far better approach would be to sort incoming mail better.  That is,
into folders that can have 'From' addresses set correctly for your
purpose.

You seem to be under-utilising CM's capabilities somewhat.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"