[Users] Noobie question, how do I change the Primary Password if I lost it

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 24 02:17:45 UTC 2023

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 20:08:53 -0600
Tim McConnell <tmcconnell168 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
> Like the title says, I'm a noob with Claws mail.
> I set the Primary Password thinking it was the one for Gmail's 2
> factor auth work around (create an app password) and it's apparently
> for Claws Mail. Guess who didn't copy the password from Google's app
> password screen. Yes, big sad, Now I can't send mail, etc.
> So how do I change the primary password to something I'll remember?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, sorry. However these may help ?

	https://github.com/b4n/clawsmail-password-decrypter

	https://securityxploded.com/clawsmail-password-decryptor.php

	https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=367766

	https://1578237592.rsc.cdn77.org/free-claws-mail-password/

	https://xenarmor.com/how-to-recover-saved-email-passwords-in-claws-mail/

Cheers,

Peter

--
Peter Richards

Music helps us travel, it's like a vehicle of vibration and energy.