[Users] Coloring correctly the folderview items with unread messages.

Alexandros Prekates aprekates at posteo.net
Fri Dec 8 08:09:33 UTC 2023

On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 15:18:49 -0400
Leon Fisk <lfiskgr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed,  6 Dec 2023 18:45:32 +0000
> Alexandros Prekates <aprekates at posteo.net> wrote:
>
> >I tried them but they control the font color. I want to change
> >the background color of their 'box'.
>
> I searched through my notes for this and didn't find anything helpful.
>
> You might be able to track it down by running "gtk3
> interactive-debugging". I've messed with it some but couldn't get it
> to work with Claws. A post saved awhile back that can get you started.
> It's terse...
>
> ===
> Subject: Re: [Users] How to change the background color on the folder
> list  and message list? From: mi <codejodler at gmx.ch>
> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 02:22:38 +0200
> To: users at lists.claws-mail.org
>
> > > https://docs.gtk.org/gtk3/running.html#interactive-debugging
>
> Nice shot Paul !
>
> The key shortcuts diint work unless i followed their advice at the end
> of that page and launched dconf-editor and activated
> "enable-inspector-keybinding" for claws.
>
> Then i played a little with this - changing the 'Visuals' is funny :D
> - and finally found in the 'Ressources' that there is a css file
> '/org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/gtk-contained.css' in the Adwaita theme
> (or in any theme) and it had my specific background color as
>
> label selection { background-color: #3584e4; color: #ffffff; }
>
> I've no more time for this now; but i bellieve with that GTK
> inspector, we will be able to find solutions.
> ===

Thanks Leon .I managed to use gtk inspector. From what i see it seems
the element with id #folderview (the left pane with the folder tree) somehow
it doesnt seem filled with css boxes one for each entry.
Interestingly the preferences/display/color/other  has an option to
change the text color of the folders with new messages. So you can
control the background of all the #folderview but the list items with
folders with new messages get the background color of the top most
claws box (i think) . So to change that you must change the top most
background color.

Also that gtk.css solution affects my emacs and propably other gtk3
programs.Can gtk.css target only claws ?

Alexandros.