[Users] Some Messages Not Being Filtered

wwp wwp at claws-mail.org
Tue Aug 29 07:17:28 UTC 2023

Hello Chris,

On Tue, 29 Aug 2023 11:53:05 +0800 Chris Schrauben via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> wrote:

> I have 10 POP3 Accounts, 1 Local account. The are 116 filters.
> The first filter handles incoming messages for the Local account, moving
> them to "Local" subfolder of Inbox. The second filter processes
> incoming emails for one specific account moving those messages to
> it's respective MH Mail Box Inbox. The last two filters are catch all.
> One filters off of X-Bogosity Unsure the other off X-Bogosity Spam and
> moves messages to the respective Unsure or Spam folder. All of the
> rest of the filters in between move messages to various subfolders of
> a folder called Saved.
>
> The problem is several messages are ending up in Unsure that should
> have been filtered. I have looked at the filter log. These emails are
> not listed in the log. For example this morning I received a total of
> 18 messages, of those 3 were not filtered, they are not listed in
> filter.log at all. All three of these messages use the same filter.
> There were 4 messages that met the criteria of this filter, one message
> was correctly filtered. It not always the same filter, yesterday, there
> was two filters involved one was the same as today's, 24 messages
> should have been applied, only 11 were filtered, 13 were not. The other
> filter was based on an address book, 4 messages received, 2 filtered 2
> not filters. In all case of not filtered, these messages are not in
> filter.log
>
> If I use "Skip these Rules" "Filter all messages in folder" or "Filter
> selected messages" to the missed messages, the messages are properly
> filtered.

Are those 'unfiltered' messages from the same POP account?

Something I don't get: if it's one of the last catch-all filtering rules
that moves messages to Unsure, and if you have some messages in Unsure
in the end of a filtering session, then those messages *are* filtered (by
your last filtering rule that moves to Unsure). And you should see this
filtering matching in the filtering log. Also: are you aware that some
filtering actions stop (move, delete, stop filter) the filtering
processing for the message being filtered, preventing further filtering
rules to be processes?

Regards,

--
wwp