[Users] Can emails be stored on local disk?

Peter Richards peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 27 00:38:30 CEST 2020

On Sun, 27 Sep 2020 08:31:08 +1000
Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:

> As it is your service provider, and not your employer, you can do as
> you please.
> Finding the POP3 setting on Gmail is not easy.
>
> Gmail does store all your mail regardless. It's in AllMail
> Spam they store for 30 days at most, but examine your AllMail and see
> what is actually in there.
> If you want to permanently delete from Gmail it needs to be deleted
> from AllMail, the rest is just hidden from you.

Yes, I use GMail and the annoyance factor is there slightly. Would be
nice for a Claws plugin to not only delete from the GMail inbox when
downloaded successfully, but also to delete from the 'All Mail' folder.
I have the emails sent locally, plus the received locally, so have
absolutely no need of the 'All Mail'. Of course the obvious may be
staring me in the face , .. is there a GMail setting to NOT place the
downloaded inbox items in 'All Mail' ??

Cheers,

Peter