[Users] How to make claws put my correct address to the to-field?

Michael A. Yetto myetto at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 20:19:53 CEST 2020

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 19:39:25 +0200
Ralf Mardorf via Users <users at lists.claws-mail.org> writes, and having
writ moves on:

> >Check out <spamgourmet.com>. This might be what you're looking for,
> >or at least close.
>
> No-no! The keyword is "weighting". IMO using a few addresses is
> better, than using many addresses. Just use one or some of the few
> addresses for a "probation period", after that decide to drop
> subscription or to change to a permanent address. Handling 400
> addresses or betting on {white,grey,black,rainbow colour,gourmet}
> services is pointless.

Have you used spamgourmet.com's services yet?

I have an account with them and when I give an address to a
questionable site I use my keyword and one of their domains. In
addition I build the userID I'm sending them with a tag relating to
them, a word encoding how many emails I will accept to an address I
specified based on the first letter (ie. c-t meaning 3-20) and my
keyword.

For example, using mardorf.claws-mail.lighthouse at xoxy.net will allow
three emails through and any more will go to a
bit-bucket. I can check how many  have been dumped or adjust how many
more will be accepted on <https://spamgourmet.com>. Since 2015 2913
emails have been rejected for vote.poll.lighthouse at xoxy.net after only
two were forwarded.

I can set a source to always be accepted and replying to one of these
emails will still hide my real address from the destination.

I'm sure someone reading this will find this useful or interesting
enough to check out this service.

Mike Yetto
--
"Science is the acceptance of what works and the rejection of what does
not.  That needs more courage than we might think."