[Users] Strange folder behavior

Frédéric fma at gbiloba.org
Fri Jan 17 12:14:04 CET 2020

Le 17/01/2020, Paul a écrit :

> After my many attempts (un)subscribing to folders, to avoid them to be
> parsed (which does not work, unless they are hidden),
>
> That is the wrong way to solve that problem. What you need to do is go
> to the folder Properties and uncheck 'Scan for new mail'.

Damned, I  didn't see it! On the other hand, the french translation is not
very explicite :o/

> That is not how subscribed folders normally behave. On an IMAP server
> you can have folders which can only contain sub-folders and not
> messages, but this is unrelated to subscribed folders. Seems like a
> server problem.

Ok, but the behaviour changed after I played with subscription. And why
does it change when I check/uncheck the box 'show only subscribed
folders'?

Again, is there a documentation explaining all these features, and which
side does what?

Thanks,

--
    Frédéric