[Users] [claws-mail newbie] Some problems; a key one now: not friendly for dark themes?

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Sep 23 08:04:53 CET 2019

On Sat, 21 Sep 2019 17:13:01 -0300
Dedeco Balaco <dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com> wrote:

> 1) Will i have to *manually* reconfigure every account i access with TB
> in CM?

Yes. Probably it could be scripted, but there is not such a script, afaik.

> 2.a) I was writing 2.b item, but i discovered that CM refuses to create
> a new account with a compose window open for the existing account i
> already configured. Is there a reason for this? It should not be, i
> think. How can the composition of a message do something to trouble
> accounts creation?

Because you can change accounts in the Compose window, and that stops things
getting messy.

> 2.b) When configuring a new account in CM, it shows forms with bogus
> data for full name, email, etc.. This is *very bad* because i usually
> copy this data with X selections from other windows, and "paste" them in
> the form with middle mouse button. But the form is already filled with
> bogus data... if i select it, i lose the data to be pasted; deleting it
> before selecting the other is annoying; deletinig it without never
> selecting any character is hard. Let it empty! - i think.

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V instead, then?

> 3) When i create the second account, the first window is filled with
> values copied from the account 1. Really, really bad. Will i have to
> delete all values in all forms to create every new account in CM?

You mean when you copy an account to create a new account rather than /create/
a new account. The copy is a copy, of course. Try /Configuration/Create New
Account instead.

> Is there a way to use CM with all colors configured for a dark
> background, and to force this dark background where needed?

Use a GTK theme.

> 5) Am i understanding it wrong, or is claws-mail default configuration
> helps spammers' images to be loaded? Go to: mail window menu >
> Configurations > Preferenecs > left pan "message view"?? > subitem
> "images viewer" > checkbox "show images in message", which is checked by
> default.

Yes, completely wrong. Those options refer to attached images, not remote
images. By default Claws Mail does not display fully rendered html, you need
a plugin for that. The plugins have their own options for blocking remote
content.

with regards

Paul