[Users] How to automatically download entire message from IMAP server

flyingrhino flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz
Mon Sep 2 05:11:11 CEST 2019

> > Can anyone tell me how to configure claws to automatically download the
> > entire messages from IMAP server? At present claws downloads the subject,
> > and retrieves the rest when I click on the message to read it.
>
> Right-click the top-level IMAP mailbox folder, choose Properties, on the
> General page click 'Synchronise for offline use' and check its 'Apply to
> sub-folder' checkbox to have it set all your IMAP folders.
>
> Alternately, do this individually for each IMAP folder you want included.
>
> Also go to /Configuration/Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous and check the box
> for 'Synchronise offline folders as soon as possible'.

Thanks Paul.

However, it doesn't seem to behave properly.
This is claws 3.16 on linux mint 19.

First, there's no way to click "apply to subfolders" in the top level mailbox, the one that says email at email.com (IMAP) - that option is grayed out.
Then, when I check the box "sync for offline use" then apply, then ok, if I return to this menu - the checkbox is unchecked again.

Since I don't have many imap folders, I set them individually , and the checkbox setting remains after "apply -> ok", however new email coming in still downloads only the headers and ONLY WHEN I click on the message, it says "fetching message" and proceeds to download the entire message.

Regards,