[Users] claws-mail-3.7.4: Can't type non-ascii in message composer

Nikita Zlobin nick87720z at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 22:11:41 CET 2019

In Fri, 6 Sep 2019 21:20:20 +0500
Nikita Zlobin <nick87720z at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks to all replies, suddenly problem disappeared after claws-mail
> restart, when I ran it with --debug option from terminal, as asked at
> gentoo bugzilla. Problem doesn't appear at any new runs, even if I do
> it via xfce run dialog.
>
> Although I could get it back when intentionally restarted with LANG=C,
> I'm not sure, wether it was cause. My guess it is so, because another
> symptom that presented along with main problem, is that mail folder
> names like Inbox, Sent, Trash where untranslated, while now they are.
>
> I upgraded to 3.17.4 from 3.17.3 at August 23. Can't even remember
> when it appeared. Only nearly remember that mentioned above
> untranslated folder names appeared after upgrade - at least it was
> less then month.

Problem is still not over. It usually doesn't appear when just starting
claw, but it eventually appears right in running claws. Of course,
GUI translation changes to english. I only detect it when occasionally
trying to write a message. Last time I did it not long after resuming
laptop. It is really hard to reproduce, if impossible (only casually).