[Users] Signatures don't seem to work

mlist mlist at riseup.net
Sat Aug 31 12:01:50 CEST 2019

On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 21:51:21 +0100 Alexander Harkness
wrote:

> However, the gpg binary doesn't go off and fetch new
> keys from the keyserver by itself without
> instruction. In fact, GPG won't perform any network
> operations unless specifically told to.
>
> Additionally, the prompt in Claws to automagically
> download a key from the keyserver doesn't show when
> you are operating in offline mode, and signature
> verification by itself certainly doesn't require
> network access.

That's exactly why I asked.

It seems to me logical that the user expects no
network connections in offline mode, regardless of the
mechanism Claws Mail mail be initiating them.

Is there a way to have a functionality to see in
network log when Claws requests network connection
from GPG? (which would be distinguished from locally
stored keys)