[Users] Consider packaging claws-mail as flatpak distributable?

Danny van Heumen danny at dannyvanheumen.nl
Tue Aug 27 15:13:19 CEST 2019

Hi claws-mail team and other users,

As you'll have noticed, some different packaging formats, like Snap,
AppImage and Flatpak have emerged over the last years. These are
package formats that package an app together with most of its
dependencies. I do not believe claws-mail is package in such an package
format already.

Have you considered package claws-mail as such?

Would you be open to the possibility?

Kind regards,
Danny

PS: My reason for this request specifically:
I am currently evaluating / "playing around with" Fedora Silverblue, a
distribution that works with a small base image as an immutable root
filesystem, where updates happen as revisions, similar to how git's
commit graph works. Traditional package management is not recommended
to be used here, and ideally should not be used at all. Flatpaks, given
that these are isolated image, are the recommended way of working.