[Users] strange behavior with "AOL" account

Michael Higgins mykhyggz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 03:03:15 CEST 2019

Even stranger still! The message I'm replying to was not, apparently
 sent:
17:50:32] ESMTP< 250 SMTPUTF8
[17:50:32] ESMTP> [AUTH PLAIN]
[17:50:32] ESMTP< 535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more
at
[17:50:32] ESMTP< 535 5.7.8
https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials h11sm11967997pgv.5 - gsmtp
** error occurred on authentication
*** Authentication failed:
535 5.7.8  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials
h11sm11967997pgv.5 - gsmtp
[17:50:32] IMAP> 181 SELECT INBOX
[17:50:32] IMAP< * FLAGS (\Answered

Yet, it showed up in the thread as displayed in the web interface to gmail.
So, there must be a fix needed, no? Or, is this a lost cause? Any thoughts?