[Users] [SPAM] Re: Extremely slow connection to git.claws-mail.org

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Fri Sep 28 19:53:57 CEST 2018

On Fri, 28 Sep 2018 19:40:08 +0300 Shai Berger wrote:

> I was going to suggest that you try to clone
> https://git.claws-mail.org/readonly/claws.git
> instead of the git:// URL,

That gives the same slow speed.

> suspecting that your ISP is giving you lesser
> quality of service on ports other than the standard
> services

Their answer is: they are not doing any of this.
Also: the wget test to Claws (http) still showed same
slowness.

> do you have any reason to think the problem is with
> the Claws infrastructure ISP, rather than your own?

The reason is that I noticed that git cloning of Claws
is slow, unlike anything else I test.

BTW: I see sometimes people insert this "[SPAM]" in
subject. Why is that and what is it supposed to mean?

--
George