[Users] How to generate UID's for address books

Laurent Bloch lb at laurentbloch.org
Thu Sep 27 15:34:59 CEST 2018

Hi,

In order to register my students in my Claws-Mail address book,
I would like to write a program to read a CSV file with the names
and e-mail addresses of the students, and to write a LDIF file
which I could give to Claws-Mail (the CSV file is given to me
by the administrative guys of the university).

When looking at the Claws-Mail address-books, I see that each
entity has a unique UID (person, member, maybe etc.).

My question is: how to generate a valid UID for the entities I
will create, I suppose essentially persons (I will create groups
later by the Claws-Mail interface)?

Thanks for any hint. Cheers!

Laurent Bloch - https://www.laurentbloch.net - lb at laurentbloch.org
Si vous trouvez que l'éducation coûte cher, essayez l'ignorance !
(A. Lincoln)