[Users] Ubuntu 18.04 and HTML

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Sep 27 00:46:59 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 03:15:40PM -0700, Lyle Bickley wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 16:49:59 -0400
> Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:
>
> > So how do I display HTML email? In the past, I used the fancy plugin,
> > but after I upgraded to 18.04 LTS, I could no longer find it.
>
> Download and install the "Dillo" browser and replace the "fancy" plugin
> with the "dillo" plugin.

There was no dillo plugin in that release, Ubuntu has no package for it.

It may be possible to build the fancy plugin from source, depends on the
development libraries available on that Ubuntu release.

> Dillo is nowhere near as nice as "fancy" - but it works for http
> emails. It does not work for https emails. (I tried compiling it from
> source including the "--enable-ssl" option, but it is alpha code and
> does not work).

Email HTML parts are saved in local files, which are shown by dillo. You
don't need neither https nor http protocols to read them.

best regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~