[Users] 60 second hangs on incoming messages

Michael A. Yetto myetto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:42:58 CEST 2018

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 18:39:05 -0400
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> writes, and having writ moves on:

>On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 18:13:51 -0400 Michael A. Yetto wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 11:43:49 -0400
>>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> writes, and having writ moves on:
>>
>>>This thread was NOT about Dillo or Fancy.  Please don't hijack
>>>threads...
>>
>>The tread was about slow opening of emails, just as I noticed. No
>>other possibility was offered when I added the information oabout
>>Dillo on my system. No thread was hijacked even if the originator of
>>the thread doesn't like a turn taken before the direction was firmly
>>established.
>>
>>Mike Yetto
>
>Respectfully, the subject still says "60 second **hangs**", implying
>nothing is possible until a 60 second timer triggers.  There was
>nothing therein "about slow opening".

My reply was not off-topic just because I did not use the exact same
phrasing as you did. Nor was it off-topic because my guess as to the
cause was Dillo and its plugin rather than SpamAssasin and its plugin.
Nor was it off-topic because the delay in opening emails or doing
anything else was not an exact 60 seconds, but "at least a minute each
time."

My responses were no more off-topic than yours. Get over yourself and
end of conversation.

Mike Yetto
--
"Science is the difference between wanting a reason to believe and
having a belief in reason."