[Users] 60 second hangs on incoming messages

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Sep 15 20:27:34 CEST 2018

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 20:09:00 +0300 Nick Koretsky wrote:

>On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 12:45:13 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

>> >Just did lots of testing. Based on this question, I reversed the startup
>> >order of the 2 instances and now I can't reproduce the delays; even after
>> >returning to my normal startup sequence...
>> >
>> >Twilight Zone...
>>
>> Surprise, the problem is back...  got more info and filed bug 4089
>

>Looked at you debug output, try to disable notify plugin. You do not have
>desktop running as that user, it fails to connect but there maybe a timeout
>here...

This problem started 2-4 months ago IIRC. I've been running CM since at
least 2002 (Sylpheed version 0.6.6claws (GTK+ 1.2.10; i686-pc-linux-gnu))
and 2 instances all along.  This issue is relatively recent -- been very
busy since mid-June so haven't had time to debug/report it.  Hurricane
Florence is giving me time to work on this and other issues...  :)

This instance of CM reports:
  (cm:1204): libnotify-WARNING **: Failed to connect to proxy
quite often; but I can't be specific because my timestamp enhancement
request is still outstanding (bug 3353).

Aside: My primary instance of CM randomly reports:
  ** (cm:28672): WARNING **: addressbook folder not configured
but the address books are fine...

Besides, Notification plugin works just fine otherwise -- displaying
proper status at all times for both instances.