[Users] 60 second hangs on incoming messages

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri Sep 14 19:56:45 CEST 2018

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 19:23:19 +0200 wwp wrote:

>Do you run any other plugin that computes things remotely? Better
>disable them all for your tests, anyway.

Plugins loaded:

Address Keeper
Attach Warner
AttRemover
Fancy HTML Viewer
NewMail
Notification
PDF Viewer
Python

None of these should be invoked on a simple one-line text-only message.

The main instance never has these delays.

Tried a different setup...  instead of "su", I "ssh" to userid2 and the
same problem occurs.

Dunno if it's related; but instance1 (the one I'm using now) ignores a few
typed characters when checking for new mail...

Unloaded all the plugins by just clicking Unload 8 times, nothing else.
When I got to the last one, CM crashed:
  [1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) cm

Where is the core dumped to?

The crash saved clawsrc with no changes, so restarting CM, all these
plugins are still loaded.  A quick test shows that unloading Python is
the cause of the crash. I've started a bug report; but if you can
reproduce, it'll save me more debugging.  Though, what else to do while
hurricane Florence howls around me...  :)

Will continue testing the delay issue...

Pierre