[Users] Using Fancy with Fedora 29 ?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Nov 4 11:56:55 CET 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 10:50:30 +0100, Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン) wrote:
>Hello Andrej,
>
>On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 22:26:06 +0100
>Andrej Kacian <ticho at claws-mail.org> wrote:
>
>> Well, the good thing is that we are in the stage where the GTK3 port
>> mostly works, and will soon need "user eyeballs" to find and report
>> things which don't work, or work differently than the main GTK2
>> version. In fact, I'm writing this e-mail in it, as the X-Mailer
>> header will show. :)
>>
>> So, if you (generic you) can live without Fancy plugin, feel free to
>> check out the gtk3 branch from our git server, and give it a whirl.
>
>Just done that, and it started... but do you have any reference that I
>could you to convert my gtkrc-2.0 file to something that gtk3
>understands ? I've configured a dark theme that is matching my global
>destktop settings, and default for gtk3 seems to be a light themes.
>
>Any pointer/example would be appreciated ;)

First of all you need a GTK theme that still provides working themes
for GTK 2 and GTK 3. A lot of themes were discontinued by upstream.

If you have got a theme installed that does work for GTK3 as well as
GTK2, consider to manually edit $HOME/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini, to
fit to $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0.

[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -v \# .gtkrc-2.0

include "/home/rocketmouse/.gtkrc-2.0.mine"
gtk-theme-name="Arc-RM-Cornflower"
gtk-icon-theme-name="Sardi-Mono-Papirus-Colora-Havelock"
gtk-font-name="Cantarell 11"
gtk-cursor-theme-name="Paper"
gtk-cursor-theme-size=0
gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ
gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
gtk-button-images=1
gtk-menu-images=1
gtk-enable-event-sounds=0
gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=0
gtk-xft-antialias=1
gtk-xft-hinting=1
gtk-xft-hintstyle="hintfull"
gtk-xft-rgba="rgb"
[rocketmouse at archlinux ~]$ grep -v \# .config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
[Settings]
gtk-theme-name=Arc-RM-Cornflower
gtk-font-name=Cantarell 11