[Users] Using Fancy with Fedora 29 ?

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Sat Nov 3 20:07:50 CET 2018

On Sat, 3 Nov 2018 19:57:01 +0100
"Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン)" <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

> Anyone knows which F29 package provides webkit-1.0 ?

Yes, none, it's in the obsolete lists.

There is a fix. I used mock to rebuild the cairo libraries, you do need
to doctor the spec file and remove the bit that disables cairogl, I did
this:

#%if 0%{?fedora} > 26 || 0%{?rhel} > 7
#%global cairogl --disable-gl
#%else
%global cairogl --enable-gl
%global with_gl 1
#%endif

then created a new src rpm and rebuilt it with mock. I also altered the
version to make it slightly later than the distro version of cairo.

You can then download the webkitgtk rpms for Fedora 26 and install
them, I did this using rpm -ivh --nodeps to avoid things complaining.

Note that the reason Fedora has made webkitgtk obsolete is that it's
buggy in a security sense, so there is a risk due to installing it.

HTH.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde