[Users] Default Selection Entering a Folder

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:37:12 CEST 2018

Hey there,

Jeremy wrote:

>I have a similar question:
>
>Claws 3.16.0git163 - Slackware Linux 14.2
>
>Can I control which message is selected next when I click
>"Trash" (or press the Delete key) on the current message in the
>message list ? I have my messages sorted by Date.
>
>The behaviour at the moment seems to be to select the previous
>message in the list. I would like to select the next unread (or at
>least next) message in the list.

I just had that question answered not too long ago. To get Claws Mail
to advance to the next message after right-clicking the message in
the message list and choosing "Move to trash" or after highlighting
the message in the message list and clicking the Trash button in the
toolbar or pressing the Delete key:

1) Close Claws Mail.

2) Edit the clawsrc file in the hidden .claws-mail directory.

3) Find: next_on_delete=0

4) Change it to: next_on_delete=1

5) Save the file.

It might be a good idea for the devs to consider making this a
checkbox for us to tick in the settings somewhere in the future. For
now, I have these instructions backed up in case I reinstall.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.