[Users] URL not passed to Firefox

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Mar 30 10:19:22 CEST 2018

On Fri, 30 Mar 2018 15:28:51 +0800, appakhabar wrote:
>Firefox 59.0.2 (64-bit)
>Mageia 6

Because you mentioned QupZilla, an outdated browser, since QupZilla was
renamed to Falkon, but at the same time you mention the latest release
of Firefox I'm curious, so I used your distro's package search.
Regarding
https://madb.mageia.org/package/show/name/firefox/release/6/arch/x86_64
it seems to be, that official repositories of your distro do not provide
Firefox 59.0.2.

Perhaps you are using a third party thingy, installing the executable to
e.g. /opt or /usr/lib/foo or similar? The location might be not part of
PATH, but the desktop file might execute Firefox via the path or by a
different named launcher.

IOW what do you get, if you try to start Firefox from command line
without a path?

Just run

  firefox

from command line.