[Users] I keep receiving my own posts for bug reports

Removed GDPR removed-gdpr at example.com
Sun Mar 11 22:14:57 CET 2018

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:33:43 +0000 Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> I've never used Gmail but I get the impression that filtering there
> uses the same syntax as searching.  I think (after reading several
> hints pages) that
>
>    subject:"[Bug "
>
> addresses the first issue.

It doesn't because as I explained subject:"Bug" gives the exact same
result, i.e. it catches even the current thread (which it would delete
if one would relying on it). IOW that would catch everything that
contains the word "bug" in subject disregarding the extra symbols in
the "exact search" string.

> I've not seen anything that supports search for arbitrary headers
> though.

There is some limited support only:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7190?hl=en

> In your situation I think I'd change the email address I use on
> Bugzilla and have all the emails it sends sent somewhere else, or
> just not get any of them. [...]

While that is possible the need for such gym only proves that the
messaging system needs improvement.

> I don't really see why you'd object to seeing your own Bugzilla
> contributions in amongst other people's replies - it'd let you see
> the whole lot in context.

Because I know what I have already said in the bug report + I can
always check it on the bugzilla itself. So there is no need to have
that same info 2 more times (or even 1). I delete these email messages
manually but I would prefer not to have to do it. But as far as I
understand there are no plans to change anything on the sender's side.
So if that is final perhaps there isn't anything more to say.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

--
George