[Users] Shortcut key to fancy render view for HTML messages

Andrej Kacian ticho at claws-mail.org
Tue Jan 30 21:17:21 CET 2018

On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 18:48:49 +1300
flyingrhino <flyingrhino at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> If fancy is undermined due to inconsistent/aged libwebkitgtk , should
> claws even support fancy any more? As much as we appreciate the hard
> work by the fancy developers, the software is only as secure as the
> libraries it relies upon.

It is an optional plugin. Once its downside (being insecure) outweighs
its usefulness, you can unload and never use it again.

We will likely continue to include it in Claws Mail releases for the
foreseeable future, even though most Linux distributions will remove
it from their packages. At most, I can see us adding a warning dialog
upon loading the plugin, informing the user about the issue.

Regards,

--
Andrej