[Users] Switching system

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Fri Dec 14 10:39:46 CET 2018

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 23:07:54 -0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:47:21 +0100
> Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>
> > If you should use plugins, then don't miss to copy plugin related
> > directories/files, such as '~/.bogofilter'.
>
> That's an answer to an equivalent bogofilter question. You surely
> don't want to list all the different aspects of the system that
> claws-mail might make use of in order to answer the question?

That's true, but to be fair to Ralf, he just used it as an example to
point out that there are other directories that might be needed to be
backed up to preserve a working claws installation.

It seems to me though that this whole discussion has very little point.
Syv should be backing up his whole system, certainly his home space, as
a matter of course anyway. So there should be no need to make any
special backups of claws. And most importantly, changing desktop
shouldn't need any backup at all (though of course it's prudent to have
one in an excess of caution).