[Users] Some questions from new/old claws user

John Long codeblue at inbox.lv
Mon Dec 10 17:30:17 CET 2018

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 19:39:44 -0500
George Avrunin <avrunin at math.umass.edu> wrote:

> Maybe try setting up a fresh user and configuring claws-mail from
> scratch with one of the accounts that gets the strange tag?  (Without
> touching any other configuration.)  See if that user also gets these
> funny tags.

The raw text does not have a tag header. I believe this is specific to
claws-mail on Fedora. It occurs on every one of a dozen accounts, both
POP and IMAP. Your message I'm responding to now shows Tags: $an. Most
messages display this way, others say Tags: $encrypted when there is no
gpg or S/MIME.

I will set up Mutt on an account I have in claws and send a message and
look at it on both clients.

Thanks

/jl

Claws Mail