[Users] Reply to List

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Aug 30 12:47:53 CEST 2018

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 11:27:15AM +0300, Removed GDPR wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 00:50:30 +0200 Ricardo Mones wrote:
>
> > Have you tried to contact their admins and gently
> > suggest them to add standard list headers?
> >
> > Talking to people can be surprisingly effective
> > sometimes :-)

[…]
> Also that particular list is hosted on sourseforge.net
> and he may simply not have the tools to fix it. So I
> am questioning the value of further discussions about
> it.

Sourceforge list used to have list headers, but maybe this was once upon
a time... and the reason we moved this very list out of there :)

> > You can't, unless you record somewhere which address
> > is a mailing list (e.g.:
> > [...]
> > As described such feature becomes annoying after
> > dialog showing twice.
>
> Sure but currently it is a much bigger annoyance to:
[…]

I didn't say current status were less annoying, just commenting on
your suggested solution :)

> I didn't consider recording the lists to avoid
> re-asking but while avoiding the extra click may be
> useful - can't that lead to problems?
>
> Imagine the following scenario:
>
> 1. A sends a message to 3 lists simultaneously (crazy
> but still possible) + directly to person B and C:
[…]

Since you're starting with a crazy premise I don't mind the users doing
that to be annoyed, because that, while possible, will rarely happen.

Features have to be designed so the common cases are simple to deal with
and the corner cases are still possible.

> Sorry for the lengthy reply.

No problem, my editor can remove lines easily ;-)
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~