[Users] Problem with processing rule

Bob Williams usenet at karmasailing.uk
Mon Apr 16 20:04:41 CEST 2018

On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 17:42:14 +0200
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Bob,
>

> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:38:33 +0100 Bob Williams
> <usenet at karmasailing.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:05:49 +0200
> > wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Bob,

> > > Maybe because the body text is encoded? What's the body format of
> > > those emails?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >

> > From the message headers, I see

> > Is that what you mean? In Claws I have View > Character Encoding
> > set to Automatic.
>
> Unless I'm missing something, filtering those messages' body part
> seems OK to me. Unless it's IMAP and the body is not yet retrieved?
>
> Or unless your filtering rules include other conditions that are not
> matching. Did you try debugging the filtering (Tools/Filtering log,
> you need to turn on filtering debugging in Preferences/Other/Logging.

It's IMAP, but the body is readable.
No other filtering rules applied.

Logging gives:

[18:58:27] filtering message (folder processing: Crew)
            message file: /home/bob/.claws-mail/imapcache/imap.gmail.com/bob.williams at brightonbelle.org/Crew/848
            Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:48:57 +0100
            From: Timothy Test <info at brightonbelle.org>
            To: crew at brightonbelle.org
            Subject: 04-07-2019 Timothy Test Brighton
[18:58:27] processing rule 'Provisional' [ body_part matchcase "has completed a provisional membership form" move "#imap/Brighton Belle/Provisional Members" ]
[18:58:27] checking if message matches [ body_part matchcase "has completed a provisional membership form" ]
> message does not match

The relevant paragraph in the message that I am searching on reads:

Timothy Test has completed a provisional membership form for the event on 04-07-2019 and has selected xxx.xxx at brightonbelle.org as skipper. Please check the form and reply to them confirming a place is available and letting them know how they should pay their contribution.

Bob

--
Bob Williams
   System:  Linux 4.4.120-45-default