[Users] error in display of empty quoted lines

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Apr 10 21:54:26 CEST 2018

On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 22:35:51 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Apr 2018 20:05:02 +0100
> Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > Quite why claws has ignored the completely blank line I don't
> > know.
>
> I don't suppose you tried my patch with this other message?

Sorry I haven't replied earlier; I've been busy with other things. I
haven't tried your patch at all yet, I'm afraid. I run a binary from
the distro repo and I don't want to run any risk of disturbing my mail.

I downloaded the source and have been reading it a bit but haven't
thought about compiling it and installing it somehow as a test system
that can't interfere with my real mail. Is there a how-to for that by
any chance?

I've been looking at procmime.c, which is where your patch applies, and
I don't see any quote character processing, except in the patch. I
haven't convinced myself how it is possible to process flowed messages
without the quote logic.

> Can you again share this message?

It's only the bit of text that I extracted that is significantly
different. It's another flowed post from a Thunderbird client.