[Users] I am loving Claws Mail but... GUI issues I am experiencing

jospenkel at gmx.fr jospenkel at gmx.fr
Sun Sep 10 22:02:52 CEST 2017

Hello and peace to everyone,

I am a new user of Claws Mail and I am loving it! Only, I have noticed there are a quite a few glitches in the user interface that really need to be taken out. I wonder if any of you guys can help.
I am mentioning just a few of them here, but there are more:
1) the column widths in the Message Retrieving window apparently cannot be customized (at least not in the window itself). I always increase the column width for the Account Name column (because it is way too narrow) but the new setting is never saved. So I have to do it each time.
2) I normally like to have only two panels in the GUI layout, the folders tree panel and the message list panel. I really don’t like the third panel which shows the content of single messages. So I customize the layout options and select the two-panel layout. Great, apparently. Only, when I press <Enter> on a message in the message list, expecting a message window to pop up, the third panel for message content is then displayed. I keep disabling it by changing the layout settings, but it keeps showing up every time I press <Enter> on a message. This is annoying. Please, pretty please, is there a way to disable the third-pane view TOTALLY?
Note: I do not want to use the mouse for opening a message, because I avoid using the mouse. Therefore using the keyboard for opening a message window (not a pane) is necessary for me
3) After a message is deleted in an open window, the window still remains open and a text is shown telling me that the message has been deleted. Please, what use is there for that message? Just closing that window will do, and will simplify things. I know, this is a minor issue but, still, it leaves you wondering why it is there.
I hope you appreciate the feedback, and look forward to receiving some comments or helpful tips.
Thanks

Ronny