[Users] deeply indented threads

Dave Howorth dave at howorth.org.uk
Tue Oct 31 16:24:20 CET 2017

On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 14:03:33 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:52:26 +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> >On Tue, 31 Oct 2017 12:14:35 +0000 Dave Howorth wrote:
> >>Is there some other way to see more of the Subject lines, or some
> >>option that would help me?
> >
> >All the heading titles (Lock, Status, Subject, From, Date, etc) are
> >adjustable for size.  Just hover the mouse over the vertical bar
> >between titles, and you can drag to make overly wide columns
> >narrower.  Or ones that are too narrow, wider.

Yes, I understand that I can maximise the window, then adjust the
column width, then look at the messages, then put the column width back
to approximately where it was, then un-maximise the window. But that's
a lot of faff.

> apart from resizing columns, it's possible to rearrange the items by
>
> View > Set displayed columns > In message list...

And yes, I understand that I can change the column order to put the
subject at the end of the line but I quite like having the subject at
the start of the line.

So I'm still looking for other thoughts.

Thanks, Dave