[Users] Sending mail hangs when using PGP MIME

Slavko linux at slavino.sk
Fri Oct 13 16:57:45 CEST 2017

Ahoj,

Dňa Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:38:57 +0100 Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>
napísal:

> On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 14:11:18 +0000
> Mark Raynsford <list+org.claws-mail at io7m.com> wrote:
>
> > Nothing useful in the Network log. Here's the output of the --debug
> > option when opening Claws, attempting to send a message, and waiting
> > for it to time out:
> >
> >   http://ataxia.io7m.com/2017/10/13/claws-debug.txt
>
> That seems to look fine, we see Claws doing
>
> [13:38:43] SMTP> . (EOM)
>
> I read a thread with what sounds like the same problem. Here the OP
> says it was down to mismatched MTU settings on router and network
> card. It seems a long shot but, hey, here it is:
>
> https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/postfix-timeout-after-data-from-some-emails.39635/

here is description how to check desired max. MTU value by simple script

https://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2009/06/19/script-find-maximum-mtu/

i had problem with MTU (in SSH) and one ISP, which blocked particular
ICMP to decrease MTU/fragment packets. I solved it by setting desired
MTU via iptables for this one IP.

regards

--
Slavko